Cyclists of all ages and abilities are invited to a variety of rides and bike-related events in Norfolk throughout May.
Norfolk Bike Month, now in its eighth year, is a community celebration of biking, which gets easier all the time in Norfolk.
Cyclists can take beginner courses in commuting and bike maintenance, join social rides, bike-in to a movie, and more.
Activities are coordinated through a partnership with municipal agencies, the Downtown Norfolk Council, and HRT TRAFFIX.
2018 Bike Month Events include:
- Fish & Sticks Bike Polo Tourney, May 5 & 6
- Norfolk Bike Expo, May 9
- Bike Swap Meet, May 10
- Bike-in Movie, May 11
- Ride of Silence, May 16
- Glow Ride III, May 18, The Plot (NEON District)
- Bike to Work Day, May 18
- Kids’ Bike Rodeo @ Tarrallton, May 19
- Learn to Ride Family Workshop, May 20
- Bikes, Brews, and Baseball, May 31
Details for Norfolk Bike Month, the new bike share program, and bike safety can be found at norfolkbikemonth.com.
source: City of Norfolk